Wednesday, March 11, 2015

In Honor of Cheesecake Day

Today is Cheesecake Day (aka the anniversary of when my husband proposed to me!) so I find it fitting to tell the story :)

This picture pretty much says it all. But in short, Michael and I were out to eat at Olive Garden (One of my favorite places). Right after we placed our order, Michael jumped out of his seat and ran away exclaiming he had left his wallet in the car. I could see it in his pocket as he was leaving and tried to call out to him, but off he went! I was cracking up the whole time he was gone! “He’s probably furiously searching his car right now while it’s in his POCKET!! What an idiot” Turns out I was the idiot.
Michael triumphantly threw his wallet on the table when he returned. At the end of our meal the waitress asked if we were ready for dessert. “Oh no, we’re full” was my reply. She responded with a chirpy “Okay I’ll go get your check!” But instead of returning with a check she came back with a cheesecake. I was so confused. “I thought we just said we didn’t want dess- OH." There was a ring next to the cheesecake! Michael got down on his knee right there in the middle of the restaurant!
Turns out, while he was “searching for his wallet” he was really talking to the waitress about his surprise. 

Fun fact: While I absolutely love my ring, I love his so much too! I got him a camouflage wedding band from the Jeweler's Bench (Same place he got my ring) 

0 comments:

Post a Comment