Monday, June 8, 2015

The Road to: Getting a Dental Hygiene Job! Temp Postcards

While I was waiting for my license I had a lot of time to think about how I wanted to go about my job search. I decided to make dental hygiene temp cards and drop them off at all of the offices within 5 miles of my house. I chose this route because it is a way I can apply to all of the offices nearby without upsetting the staff. (Some employees feel threatened when people drop off resumes and just toss them in the trash without showing them to anyone!)

I started handing them out this morning, and one of the dentists called me this afternoon! He said he wasn't hiring but would definitely call me if he needed a temp. He called me back 15 minutes later and OFFERED ME A JOB! Who knew getting hired would be this easy?! I am uncomfortable accepting work for someone I've never met, so we set up a working interview! I am beyond excited. 

Below is a photo of the front of my temp card! I put my resume with a list of my qualifications on the back of it.


I got the idea for dental hygiene postcards from gethiredrdh.com

3 comments:

  1. Keep healthy life by consuming healthy food and doing exercise regularly is the best healthy formula.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's interesting that many of the bloggers your tips helped to clarify a few things for me as well as giving.. very specific nice content. And tell people specific ways to live their lives.Sometimes you just have to yell at people and give them a good shake to get your point across.


    Best Laser Clinic In Chennai

    Best Implant Clinic In Chennai

    ReplyDelete
  3. Applicants are generally notified 4-6 weeks after submission; to expedite the application and approval process, and to avoid delays, sverige

    ReplyDelete