Friday, October 3, 2014

The Road to: Our Wedding Day

Warning: This is going to be a very long picture post about our backyard wedding. This particular post is just going to focus on the little touches of our favorite day. I decided to post all of the aspects of the reception instead of all of our wedding pictures because when I was planning my wedding I was really frustrated that my married friends' little decorations were nowhere to be found.

Our theme in one picture:

Sticking with the country theme, we used a barrel for our cake table:
Isn't our cake beautiful? We had the edges of the petals stained orange to match our theme.

Our little cake knife set-up :) The cute mugs were a gift received at my bridal shower!

We also set up a cooling station with fans because it was a really hot day (mid August!)

Our delicious dessert table:



 We had a friend make these adorable little key lime pies. They were so good!

Speaking of tables, the sign in table:

The entrance:
We hung paper flowers not only on our fences, but from the top of the archways as well:

Part of our entrance (the gift table):
 Our card box:



We served shave ice because it is a perfect thing for a hot reception (definitely a crowd favorite):

I just loved that our photographer took so many colorful tongue pictures:


There is a fireplace in the backyard we held our wedding/reception in, so my aunt painted us a large sign to fill the space: (We also put vines and little lanterns on the fireplace)

Our actual food table (we served Mexican food- yum yum!):

Lighting:
White string lights are a must at wedding receptions!
We also placed these cute little mason jars my friend made for her reception on shepherds hooks around the backyard and on the ledges:

Centerpieces:
The original centerpiece I designed had orange rose petals laying around it and was a little less symmetrical, but I was busy taking wedding photos with my husband when the tables were being set up, so the centerpiece got changed, but that's okay :)

Our getaway:
Our photographer took off just before our getaway so unfortunately this is the only picture we have of it. We wanted to do a sparkler send-off but instead chose to do bubbles

0 comments:

Post a Comment