Monday, January 12, 2015

The Road to RDH: Day 1 of Efficiency Clinic!



My entire life can be described in one sentence:
It didn't go as planned, and that's okay.

Everything always works out! Both my patients canceled for my first day of efficiency clinic. Can you spell STRESS? I called and called and called everyone I knew in the area, and had managed to get a patient in my chair for the first appointment, but no luck for my second. 

As you can imagine, I was pretty flustered by the time my 1:40 patient showed up. Shortly after his arrival I found out this patient was wayy too difficult for productions clinic so I had to refer him to the other clinic I work in the rest of the week. Our grades are based off of how much we accomplish in productions clinic, so I was getting REALLY nervous at this point! A very low score for just an assessment and referral (and Chlorhexidine prescription) followed by a zero for no patient?! I was getting pretty discouraged. 

Then, miraculously, when I went out to the waiting area I discovered one of my friends had showed up for a 3:00 appointment with me! Thank you thank you thank you! My first day of efficiency clinic wound up being much more stressful than I ever thought it would be, but it all worked out! Despite the stress I actually really enjoyed efficiency clinic. It was really fun to see patients in short appointments back to back and present to the dentist like it was a real office. I look forward to my future in dental hygiene!

0 comments:

Post a Comment