Monday, October 21, 2013

The Road to RDH: UNC 12s!

We learned how to probe on typodonts today. I am both excited and scared to start probing on real people! We get to use our UNC12s on real people tomorrow!!!! No more typodonts! I am so excited and nervous at the same time!! Things are getting real :)))

I went to extra clinic this morning and got extra help on probing from Ms. Lewis because I don't want to hurt my patient! She taught me how to properly adapt to the tooth and fulcrum and all that at the same time! 

UPDATE: Lingual anterior probing is so difficult! The mirror really turns me around!  It was confusing at first but after doing it on Courtney in clinic I think I get it! It went well! I think I learn better by doing than by reading about it in class. BUT IT IS SOOOO COOL TO WORK ON PATIENTS!!!!!!!! SO cool! Another one of the girls in my class was just recently a Boards patient, so she has some deeper pockets still, and it was really cool to be able to learn with that! (The instructors let us switch partners so everyone in our team could get the experience.) This experience showed me that the difference between healthy gingiva and inflamed gingiva is night and day.

0 comments:

Post a Comment