Tuesday, October 1, 2013

The Road to RDH: More Health Histories and Vitals

We got new lab partners and CIs today. My partner's name is Courtney and I'm pretty sure she's the youngest girl in my class! We're doing real health histories on each other instead of the mock health history assignments from last week which I think is kind of fun! Health Histories should help keep me on my toes for my entire career. Everyone is different which is what I love about dental hygiene: variety! Plus I will constantly be learning about new drugs/illnesses and I love learning :) We are also doing vital signs, which are so important to do for every patient! I don't think I have ever had my blood pressure taken at the dentist, but I will be sure to take vitals on my patients because it's possible we could catch someone with high blood pressure without them even knowing that they have a problem! I've heard some pretty crazy stories about this!

What I learned about Courtney:
-She REALLY likes to run
-She will do just about anything for anyone. Really. This girl is SO sweet and such a team player. I am glad to be around someone like her!

0 comments:

Post a Comment